If your pool is leaking, it’s better to know sooner rather than later—and before the issue gets out of hand. There are many signs that your pool might be leaking, and some are things you might simply write off or miss. Knowing how to find a leak and how to prevent leaks altogether will save you money and a headache in the long run. Don’t wait until repairs burn a hole in your wallet and your backyard oasis is out of commission during the hottest months of the year. The Aqua Rec’s team can help you with all of your pool and spa care needs, even if it’s a leak. To get started, here are some detection methods (and solutions!) to see if a leak is your problem.
How to Find a Leak in a Pool
One of the most common signs of a leaking pool is the loss of water. If you notice the water levels are getting low in your pool at a rapid pace, this is a sure sign of a leak. Not only can a leak run up your water bill, but it can also cause structural and cosmetic damage to your pool. If this happens, knowing how to fix a pool leak or a spa leak is critical until you can have a professional assess the problem and provide a solution.
Of course, there are other signs of a leaking pool that might not be as obvious as lower water levels. Knowing when there is a problem can be the difference in the cost of repairs. Some ways to find a leak in a pool include:
- Visible cracks: If you notice any cracks, especially from outside the pool, this can be a sign of a leak. While small, hard-to-see cracks are generally harmless, getting a second opinion from a pool professional like Aqua Rec’s isn’t a bad idea.
- High water bills: If you haven’t seen any obvious physical signs of a leak in your pool, your water bill might be a tell-all. If your bill is dramatically higher than usual, this might indicate your pool has a leak in need of repair.
- Algae growth: When algae begins to grow in your pool, it’s not always because it simply needs a good cleaning. This can be a sign that there’s a leak in your pool.
Pool Leak Repair and What to Do
Once you’re positive there is a leak, you’re probably going to wonder what you can do to repair your leaking pool, how long the repair will take, and how much money it will cost. The good news is that you’re not out of luck when it comes to a solution. There are many ways to repair a pool leak, and there are some necessary first steps to take when you discover one.
How to Fix a Pool Leak
When you have a leak on your hands, time is of the essence. The longer you wait or ignore the problem, the more it’s going to cost you in the long haul. So, you know you have a leak—what do you do next?
- Locate the leak: Pinpointing the exact type of leak you have on your hands is your first step. Is it a crack in the structure causing the leak, or is it only leaking when the equipment is on? These indicate unconnected leaks in different locations that will need to be fixed in different ways.
- Make a repair: There are some repairs you’ll be able to do yourself when it comes to a pool leak and others where professionals are needed. If you feel comfortable making the necessary repairs yourself, go for it. But if you’d rather save yourself the headache—and the possibility of making things worse—Aqua Rec’s can get your leaks under wraps and within budget. We offer a financing option for pool leak repairs, too, so you can tackle leaks before any further damage is done.
- Add some new pool and spa accessories: Now that your pool or spa is getting fixed, there’s no better time to stock up on some new accessories and pool necessities. We offer more than just repair know-how and pool liners to replace when needed. Aqua Rec’s has a wide array of accessories and other quality products available.
Contact Aqua Rec’s Today for All Your Pool and Spa Needs
Whether you want to build a new spa or pool, need yours repaired in any way, or are simply in the market for accessories or fire pits to enhance your outdoor oasis as summer heats up, Aqua Rec’s is here for you. We can help ensure you’re getting the most out of your pool or spa and that your backyard is in ideal shape for a summer of fun. Aqua Rec’s uses only the finest top-quality pool liners to make sure you get the most out of your pool. Give us a call today to learn more about what we can do for you!