There’s nothing quite like a cozy room heated by a gas fireplace on a cold winter evening. You get to enjoy the comfort and reliable warmth of a gas fireplace that can start up with the click of a button or flip of a switch.
One of the keys to enjoying the warmth of a fireplace or stove is to keep up on maintenance and make sure the parts are in good order. Gas fireplace maintenance in Washington is so important as the chill of winter sets in.
Why Fireplace and Stove Maintenance Is Important
Stove and gas fireplace maintenance keeps Washington’s winter cold at bay. Having key parts and the entire system checked periodically means you can enjoy that reliable comfort every day or night.
While today’s stoves and fireplaces are engineered to be as durable as they are warm and beautiful, critical components of the system need to be inspected regularly. From making sure the vent and pilot light are operating perfectly to cleaning the glass and firebox, simple regular maintenance is essential.
Key Parts and Services of a Gas Fireplace
- Gas valve: The gas valve controls the flow of gas to the system and must be able to open and completely close.
- Pilot light: The pilot light must remain on and be turned off and relit whenever needed.
- Glass assembly: The glass assembly should be regularly cleaned and remain sealed.
- Firebox: The firebox should be cleaned regularly to remove unwanted dirt and debris.
- Burner ignition: The control knob and ignition button are used to light your fireplace when the gas is turned on. They should be checked for proper function.
- Vent and Fan: The vent and fan deliver warmth from your fireplace to the surrounding living space and should be regularly cleaned and checked for proper function.
Get the Parts and Services for Your Stove or Fireplace Today
Aqua Rec’s is the place to find the best gas fireplaces. Make sure you have yours cleaned and checked regularly as part of your gas fireplace and maintenance. Washington’s stove and fireplace leader is here to help at Aqua Rec’s.